- Must be an active member of AANLCP for at least two years.
- Promotes the role of nurse life care planning.
- Supports the association regularly and consistently.
Candidates must show evidence of outstanding contributions to the field of nurse life care planning including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Conducting research or developing projects that have contributed to improvement in the field of nurse life care planning.
- Authoring books, articles or other communication that have significant
- Providing leadership through active participation in AANLCP and other organizations at the local, state, national or international level.
- Representing AANLCP and the field of practice in other professional organizations.
- Promoting professional development activities to expand the expertise and career direction of members.
- Contributing to the profession and the mission of AANLCP.
Review of Nominations
- The Executive Board, with participation from the Management Company and the prior year awardee, may nominate someone meeting the established criteria.
- Nominations are submitted online using the Awards and Recognition Form and must be submitted by February 1ST. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- The Distinguished Service Award will be announced at the AANLCP Annual Educational Conference.
- The recipient will receive recognition at the AANLCP Annual Educational Conference.
- The Distinguished Service Award need not be awarded each year.