Becoming a member of AANLCP!
The American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners, AANLCP is the premier professional member organization of nurses and non-nurses working in the field of life care planning. AANLCP promotes education, collegiality, collaboration, research, and standards as they relate to the practice of Nurse Life Care Planning. If you’re interested in joining a network of practitioners dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of those affected by disability and/or chronic illness, this is the organization for you.
Month & Date
Concussion and Brain Injury: Therapy to Resume Seeing the World
Michelle Mioduszewski, MS, OTR/L, NDTC Niagara Therapy, LLC; Niagara Professional Services, LLC, Niagara Properties, LLC
November 11, 2020
From Hospital to Home: A Pediatric Providers perspective on Best and Worst Case Scenarios in Catastrophic Injury
The transition from hospital to home with a child who has experienced a catastrophic injury can be both celebratory and frightening. Although inpatient medical teams assist parents in preparation for discharge, most parents are ill prepared for what life will be like once home. The role of the Nurse Life Care Planner (NLCP) in a case involving a child may focus not only on determining immediate needs but future needs through the child’s lifespan. In this webinar, the speaker shares from a provider’s perspective challenges technology dependent children and their families face, both in the hospital and at discharge. This webinar hopes to provide the NLCP with valuable information that will support them when anticipating the needs for future care in children with significant medical complexity.
- Identify three essential provisions that must be in place in the life of a technology dependent child in order to provide the safest home environment in which to grow.
- Discuss major components that directly impact a child’s mobility at various stages of growth while requiring dependence on life saving technology.
- Recognize the many hardships families of children suffering a catastrophic injury take on and list two care options that might be available for families
Date: December 9th, 2020
When: 1:00 PM (EST)
About The Presenter:
Marsha Blount is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner with over 35 years of experience in nursing care of children who are technology dependent. She began her nursing career in Texas working in the Pediatric ICU and fell in love with children with acute and chronic pulmonary disease. Throughout her career she has remained steadfast in providing quality care to children with chronic lung disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Muscular Dystrophy and many rare and unusual lung diseases. For the past 18 years she has worked at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital (#3 in Nation 10 yrs. in a row!!) in the Transitional Care center where she manages and treats children who are tracheostomy tube and ventilator dependent with complex medical needs. In addition to this, she owns her own business (MB Consulting, LLC) and serves as a Nurse Expert Witness in a variety of pediatric legal cases with a niche in catastrophic trach/vent cases. She just completed her education as a nurse life care planner through FIG and hopes to create the best life care plans for children with catastrophic injuries.
Presenter: Marsha Blount, MSN APRN
Presentation Date: December 9th, 2020
Non-Member Price $49
Basic or Associate Member Price $39
Premier or Associate Premier Price $0 (Free)
Webinar will be available for purchase in 24 hours following the live broadcast.
- Introduction to the OPRA System for Osseointegrated Prosthetics | Oct. 2020
- Hearing and its association with Cognitive Decline | Sept. 2020
- Writing for Publication | Aug. 2020
- Pain-Management Coaching: Integrative and Complementary Strategies for Complicated Pain | July 2020
- ReWalk P6.0 More than Walking | June 2020
- Locomotor Rehabilitation: A Resource For Your SCI NLCP | May 2020
- National Medical Marijuana Guidelines | April 2020
- Life Care Planning and Prosthetics…A Step in the Right Direction | Feb. 2020
- A Daubert Challenge and the NLCP: what you need to know | Dec. 2019
- Nurses4Justice | Nov. 2019
- Explore 4 AANLCP Resources to Find Usual & Customary Fees as Used by Experienced NLCPs | Oct. 2019
- The Forensic Economist and the Life Care Planner | Sept. 2019
- 8 Simple Techniques To Grow Your Practice With Video Marketing | July 2019
- Navigating the VA Database: Using The Pricing Tool | June 2019
- How to Maximize Relationships with your Attorney Clients | May 2019
- Structured Settlements: What the NLCP Needs to Know | April 2019
- Succession Planning: Where Will Your Business Be? | Feb. 2019
- Junna Care – How It Can Help Your LNCP Business! | Jan. 2019
- Evidence-Based Practice in Nurse Life Care Planning | Dec. 2018
- The Nursing Process: Our Foundation and Superpower for NLCPs | Nov. 2018
- Kidney Transplant Case Study | Oct. 2018
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services and your NLCP | Aug. 2018
- Surgical and Non-Surgicanl Options for Individuals with Cerebral Palsy | July 2018
- Predicting Cognitive and Speech Issues in Your Life Care Plan | Sept 2016